CommerceGate carries out business as a Payment Service Provider in the field of on-line payments (card not present transactions), risk and fraud management of online payments and other services to support payments in e-commerce and media sectors and they are looking for an Accountant within the Finance team based in Barcelona, reporting to the Head of Accounting.
The ideal candidate has, besides experience within accounting, strong analytical and communication skills, business and detail orientation as well as the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
1. Accounts Payable
– Collect, verify and enter data in the accounting system to maintain accurate records;
– Record and process employee expense reports and reconcile credit card statements;
– Reconcile invoices to purchase orders and bill customers;
– Maintain the general ledger operations;
– Solve AP problems with vendors;
– Assist with special projects related to process improvements;
– Assist with the audit;
2. Accounts Receivable
– Assure that all invoices from the internal billing system have been generated, approved and uploaded in the ERP and all approved invoices have been included in the Settlement Notes pending to be paid;
– Perform account reconciliation between the invoices and Settlement Notes and prepare the weekly payments by entering them in the bank;
– Resolve accounts discrepancies;
– Perform weekly/monthly reconciliation between the billing system and ERP;
– Assist with month-end closing preparing;
– Assist with other projects as needed;
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration;
– Prior experience in AP department for at least 6 years;
– Ability to operate with the Financial Software, in particular with the MS Office, Navision ERP;
– Good communication (oral and written) skills, attention to details;
– Take a proactive approach;
– Fluent in English and Spanish other languages are a plus;
– Industry Expertise: Card payments processing, Financial Services or IT Security.
– Diversified and challenging tasks for professional development in an international and dynamic environment;
– Great colleagues and good working environment;
– Nice office facilities in Barcelona;
– Social benefits: health insurance, gym subscription at WTC premises;
– Holiday: 25 days/year;
– Competitive salary according to the value you bring to the company.